A project delivering community infrastructure to connect the local residents to the new facilities.
The project included
• Concrete pathways linking Barber Dr to the new skate park and through to the existing Camilleri St Park playground.
• 2 x Fenced Dog Parks
• 2 x Picnic Shelters with tables and bench seats
• 2 x water bubblers for humans and 2 x water bubblers for the dogs
• 5 x rubbish bin locations
• 1 x Toilet block consisting of male, female and PWD toilets
• 1 x electric BBQ and lighting to the existing picnic shelter at the playground
The main feature of this project is the 90m pedestrian boardwalk that we constructed through the trees which connects the western and eastern sides of the park.
The boardwalk area was a challenge to construct as this area was also the stormwater discharge point for the majority of the hillside around.
The boardwalk is also lit at night by several light poles which have the ability to fold down to allow MRC to maintain them as needed. This was a critical part of the project as the boardwalk is not designed vehicle traffic.
A great project to be a part of that benefits the local Northern Beaches community.